If you are slim, you should be aware that gaining weight is just as challenging as losing it. You won’t put on any weight, regardless of what you eat or how lazy you are. You likely have a quick metabolism if this sounds familiar. This implies that your body will completely metabolize the fat it takes in and prevent weight gain. The best way to do this is to increase the number of calories you consume each day and slow down your metabolism in any way possible. How to gain 5 pounds in a week with a fast metabolism is discussed in the advice we have given.
Both diet and exercise are discussed in these suggestions. You can only gain 5 pounds in a week in a healthy way by combining the two, after all.
Gain 5 Pounds in a Week through Diet
Use Mass Gainers in Meals
When an individual consumes 3500 calories, they typically gain one pound. Therefore, you must eat this many extra calories each day if you want to gain 5 pounds in 7 days. You can do this by adding a mass gainer in your daily diet. Check out these illustrations to learn how to gain weight in a healthy manner.
If you are taking cereal at breakfast,add a sliced banana to a bowl of oats, as it is one of the fruits that have the most calories. Another option is to have a slice of white bread toast with some peanut butter,avocado or other healthy nut butter in it.
To gain weight with a fast metabolism, it’s important you use the refined version instead of the wholemeal version, as this will only accelerate your metabolism further. Increase your weekly consumption of lean meat to three times, preferably turkey.
Instead of drinking a glass of water, drink a cup of milk with your meal. When eating salad, dress it with French dressing or fatty cheeses like goat’s cheese.
Note: Any of these mass gainer ingredients should be avoided if hyperthyroidism is the root cause of your fast metabolism because they could exacerbate your condition. Focus on probiotic foods and omega-3 fatty acids in this instance to gain weight.
Increase Carbohydrate Consumption
Try to add some energy-rich foods to your daily diet. Include a balanced amount of carbohydrates, which can be found in foods like bread, pasta, rice, and other grains. Any food that provides your body with a quick source of energy is a good addition to help you gain weight if you have a fast metabolism.
Calculate You Calorie Intake
It’s crucial to monitor your calorie intake whether you’re trying to gain or lose weight. There are a number of offline and online calorie calculators, which you can use to find the calorie count of different foods you are eating. You can make meal plans based on this knowledge once you have it.
You should be taking this amount of calories daily in order to put on weight with a fast metabolism:
- 45-50 kg (99 -110 lbs): 2200 – 2400 kcal per day
- 50-60 kg (110 -135 lbs): 2400 -2700 kcal per day
- 60 kg- or more (135 lbs): 2700 – 3000 kcal per day
Make sure to calculate your caloric expenditure as well so you can compare what you burn to what you gain.
Eat Three Big Meals a Day
The majority of weight-loss programs advise eating a number of small meals throughout the day. As a result, doing the opposite will help you gain weight. Ideally, you should eat three large meals at spaced-out intervals.
It does not imply, however, that you should refrain from snacking. Try combining your snacks into mini meals as an alternative. These snacks can also be a great way to start including energy shakes in your diet. To get that much-needed energy boost, blend whole milk with oatmeal and bananas.
Gain 5 Pounds in a Week through Exercises
Lunges aid in building the lower body in a similar way to squats. The thighs and hip muscles can be bulked up with its assistance. Your hamstrings, abdominals, gluteal muscles, quadriceps, calves, and back muscles are all worked out during this excellent exercise, which also helps you gain weight.
How to Do Lunges :
- Stand up straight.
- Step one foot forward until the other leg is at a 90-degree angle.
- Once your thigh is parallel to the ground, continue to lower your body.
- Lift yourself back up to your starting position by pushing back.
- Repeat the procedure with the other leg.
- Alternately use each leg in the exercise.
Without a doubt, squats are the best exercise for gaining weight. The lower body muscles can benefit from this exercise by becoming stronger and larger.
It also aids in building core strength. Your butt and leg muscles will grow as a result of this exercise. Squats work your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves.
How to Do Squats:
- Put your feet shoulder-width apart and stand up straight.
- Push your hips back (Imagine you are sitting on an invisible chair)
- As you descend, try to maintain the original position while reversing the motion.
- Repeat the exercise.
Push-ups are a perfect exercise to build both your upper body and core strength. It is a difficult yet effective exercise to gain body weight.
Push-Ups work the muscles in your chest, shoulders, triceps, and wing muscles, which are under your armpits, as well as your abs.
How to Do Push-ups:
- Place your hand a little wider than your shoulders as you get on the ground.
- Push your body slowly toward the ground until your arms are fully extended.
- Your chest should almost touch the floor as you lower your body toward it.
- Go back to your starting position.
- Repeat the exercise.
Bench dips are a straightforward but effective exercise to add weight to your body. This exercise mainly targets the triceps but it also focuses on your chest and the front part of your shoulder. You require an elevated surface for this exercise.
How to do Bench dips:
- You’ll require a Bench for this exercise.
- Put your palms together and hold the bench’s ends.
- The palms should be facing the ground, with the fingertips pointing downward.
- Extend your legs forward, bent at your waist and perpendicular to your torso.
- Bend your elbows 90 degrees and push yourself down to lower your buttocks.
- Lift your body back into the starting position while maintaining arm straightness.
- the same procedure once more.
Whole foods and weight training can help you gain weight in a healthy way. These nutrient-dense foods can increase your energy levels and give you the calories and nutrients you need to support tissue growth and muscle repair. Weight training can help you look stronger and feel more toned because it helps you build muscle, not just add five pounds of fat. It can take 5 to 10 weeks to gain 5 pounds, but by approaching it as a slow, gradual process, you can ensure that you do so in the healthiest way possible.